Monday 25 March 2013

I Am Now A Full Time Carer

I am doing OK, but oh so tired of the grief, the fear, the despair, the tedious day-to-day efforts of caring for a very sick creature.

I am cooking for Nutty twice a day, preparing all the supplements, this in itself not difficult but it’s hard sometimes tempting him to eat. Often I hand feed him which he likes and I enjoy being close to him and having the physical contact. I try to embed it in my memory so that when he has gone I can remember.
I love the way his little warm tongue licks my hand so gently, persistently and trustingly. He is like a little bird taking sustenance from his mother. I am just back from taking them all for a walk, which I really dislike, always have. It is easier now Nutty is in his pram, but today the pram veered all over the place, it was only on the way back that I figured out one of the brakes was on.
Nutty is as perky as always. Barked and galloped about gravel park today with the Tinies. Now I am poaching him his chicken before preparing to meet up with C and S, two of my oldest and nicest girlfriends, a long awaited treat as we rarely get together these days but love it when we do.
Boyfriend on a Short Fuse has been out all day visiting his youngest son. Oh I hope he returns in a good mood. It’s hard enough coping with all this without dealing with him too. He was OK this morning though.

No comments:

Post a Comment