Wednesday 27 March 2013

Boyfriend On a Short Fuse Is In A Saintly Mood

Felt tired and run down today. I’ve felt quite well under the circs, but we haven’t had heating for nearly 2 weeks and it remains absolutely freezing inside and out.

I haven’t slept very well the last 2 nights which hasn’t helped. Funny to think that only 7 weeks ago I was happy in my ignorance, fretting over small things, not aware that the cruel bomb that my beloved dog has inoperable cancer was about to be detonated. Certainly the past seven weeks have been greyer and gloomier, coloured by this devastating news.
But our lives and minds change shape to deal with the news and life goes on. I no longer cry every day, only as I’m going to sleep.
Spent all morning on dreary personal admin, searching for relevant car documents so we can secure our all necessary Kensington and Chelsea car parking permit. These things are worth their weight in gold and I have witnessed many tearful interactions with desperate K and C inhabitants, begging the harridan faced creatures who man the `car park shop’ for their permit. If for some reason you are not on the database you need to provide an arcane list of documents including a firearms certificate.
Oh, imagine living in the 60’s, and being able to park where you wanted, imagine how much less personal admin there must have been. We can only dream.
Boyfriend on a Short Fuse was blowing a gasket this morning. It has transpired that I may have shredded the car insurance document (I am not admitting to this mind), cue terrible rages. I quickly slipped him his Valium and peace was restored.
I called a dear old pal, R, who I haven’t seen for ages since she has been in India fighting her ghastly-sounding money-grabbing rellos. I meant to call her about Nutty but have felt so flattened I just hadn’t got round to it. I called and she was only round the corner from the dreaded Car Parking Shoppe where she lives, so we met in Wholefoods for a coffee.
To cut a long story short, the three of us (that’s her, me and Boyfriend on a Short Fuse) have decided to spent half the year in sunnier climes and half the year in London. I voted for Hawaii, Boyfriend on a Short Fuse for New Zealand and she is keen on Goa.
Boyfriend on a Short Fuse at his most saintly, fetching water and coffees for us. All my girlfriends think he is wonderful. He is definitely in a better mood these days, the Valium is really working - or maybe the Prozac is kicking in at last.  

No comments:

Post a Comment