Friday 29 March 2013

A Picture of Nutty in His Pram


Boyfriend on a Short Fuse and I have come down with bad colds, unusually it is me that has a particularly dreadful `man cold', he is far more stoic and is still taking the dogs out three times a day in the freezing cold.

I meanwhile, am lurking at home, taking a battery of homeopathic remedies which are not working. I've just had an invigorating session of facial acupuncture, which I hope will repair some of the grief-strained ravages on my face.

The pram pictured is a recent acquisition, which Nutty (also a natural stoic) has taken to reasonably well. He is whizzed to Burtons Court (our local park) and then taken out for a gentle perambulation on the grass. Boyfriend on a Short Fuse is much feted by the local dog-walking matrons du certain age because he is the only man in the vicinity, he has quite a fan club and on the rare occasions I can be bothered to accompany him I have to beat of hordes of them off with a stick.

But of course there are famously no men anywhere. I mean, one sees men everywhere, but one never hears of any of them actually being single over forty. Why is it that I know twenty attractive interesting women over forty and not one single man (there are a few knocking about admittedly, but they are usually `SFAR' (single for a reason).

Sometimes he asks, `why do you put up with me?' and I reply, `because I'm fifty and desperate!'
If we were to split up I might never have a sniff of a date ever again while he of course would be beseiged by middle-aged women bearing casseroles.

But he is Mr Wonderful at the moment, so calm and helpful. The Prozac has kicked in to marvellous effect. Maybe I should go on it too?

No comments:

Post a Comment