Tuesday 26 March 2013

Calm After the Storm

Things have calmed down since our beastly contretemps on Thursday. When push comes to shove, neither of us wants to end our seven-year relationship. And as usual after one of our episodes there is a peaceful lull. We are part of each other’s lives now, whether we like it or not, and I’d rather be unhappy with him than unhappy without him! Although that does sound rather defeatist.

Generally it is OK, he is on a short fuse, but what can you do? As long as I am happy and my writing is going well I can cope with it. He went on a Buddhist course for a few days, I was so impressed, and it has made him more respectful and calmer.
Nutty is doing OK. His cancer doesn’t seem to affect him too much in himself, he seems to enjoy his life as usual, wags his tail when stroked and runs about in the park. The occasional bark which oh so lifts my heart! Every time he barks I wonder if this will be the last time. I see him summoning up his strength when he does, I imagine it takes quite a bit of energy.
He has been eating well. This morning I mixed up his Lily’s chicken with fresh poached chicken, veg, and at lunch time I let him finish off my very rare venison burger and egg, while this evening he had the same as breakfast. Preparing his supplements is quite a job too. In the morning and evening he must have a teaspoon of colloidal silver, seven drops of homeopathic tincture, a homeopathic pill three times a day, one anti-cancer supplement and a shitake mushroom pill twice a day. Pluse we wash his mouth out three times a day. It's not easy to get him to take the supplements. He will sometimes if he is hungry and I hide them in his food. Otherwise I open the pills and sprinkle them on his food.

No comments:

Post a Comment