Wednesday 12 June 2013

Nutty is Fading and my Heart is Breaking

We spent the weekend in a woodland eco-lodge in the Yorkshire Dales with a new friend who runs a wonderful organic fruit and veg delivery company called Farmaround. I took my pal C along as she is so good with Boyfriend on a Short Fuse and manages his moods very well.

Nutty was in good spirits. I dreaded the long 5 hour car journey as he hates being in the car but it was worth it as he was full of beans on arrival, sniffing around the grass and lying in the sun on the deck.

But he has gone down hill since we returned to London. His tail is down and he seems low-spirited and down-hearted. He is eating well enough which is something, but he is fed-up. His tumour remains bulbous and bleeds heavily at intervals....we follow him around with a cloth or tissues mopping up red droplets, thank goodness for wooden floors.

Today I took him to the homeopathic vet to see if he thought Nutty was in pain. Perhaps pain medication might help? Richard was fairly certain that he wasn't suffering, maybe there was some discomfort for which he prescribed Hypericum, a homeopathic remedy for nerve pain plus some royal jelly, then he gave Nutty a shot of vitamin B12 to give him a boost (wish he'd given me a shot, I'm knackered).

Nutty and I took a cab home and stopped off in Hyde Park for a bit. Being in nature with grass under his little old paws always rejuvenates him, and he did seem to enjoy staggering about in the milky sunshine.

But it's evening now and he is still slow and his tail is low. What I would give to see him scratch on the rug, follow me round and round the sitting room and watch me in the kitchen as I'm pottering about.

Boyfriend on a Short Fuse took him out for his late evening walk and Nutty is now lying in the downstairs loo. He doesn't want to come up. I've just been down to see him and have a chat, told him how much I love him and how much happiness he has brought to us all.

What else can I do?

It will be a lonely old world without my greatest pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment